- I'm a singer/songwriter. Well, maybe I used to be. I had an agent, a manager, and a producer once. I even had a demo CD with songs that I wrote and I performed in one or two places. I was going to be a star I thought but I was in college and I firmly believe you can't do the music thing and do the school thing at the same time. It was taking so much of my focus, money, and time. I remember sitting in my room and making the decision of which path I was going to choose. That night I chose to continue with my education and career path full time and since then I haven't written one song! I also don't sing any longer.
- I'm cousins with a Nigerian celebrity. A popular one ;-)
- I love to cook and I'm a good cook if I do say say so myself. I've always loved getting my hands dirty with food from the time I was young. I don't remember exactly the very first thing I actually cooked but I do have an early memory of deciding I was going to make apple pie and bugging my mother to buy the ingredients. I may have been about 12/13 years old. I don't think it turned out as well as I had wanted but the cooking bug was born! Now it's Bo that enjoys everything, our everyday menu reads like a restaurant. I hope I don't get tired of it as the marriage matures.
- In line with cooking, I love entertaining. There's nothing I love more than a well-stocked kitchen so that in the event of entertaining, I would have all the little knick knacks available. If you come to my house, there's a dish for every possible item, I have different vases, depending on the mood, trays, cups, mugs, glasses etc. You name it, if there's a specialized item for it I either want it or i've gotten it! I want people to feel like they when to come to our home for a meal, they're going to be treated like special guests.
- I get uncomfortable when I talk to a lot of newlywed Nigerian brides that I meet because I feel they always want to bond but I don't think we have many things in common. Case in point, just the other day I was at a dinner and the lady seated next me struck up a conversation with me once she found out I was recently married. In the course of talking, she mentioned "...for example, you know when you ask your husband what he wants to eat for dinner and he doesn't respond..." I had to tell her I almost never ask my husband what he wants for dinner! It almost never crosses my mind unless I specifically do not want to make anything and I call him to kind of inform him we're going to be having indomie...ha! He's pretty much doomed to eating whatever I happen to make for us to eat and tends to be just grateful for food lol. Then there's always a bit of silence which is both awkward and uncomfortable between myself and the other lady. I always feel bad because I don't know what to say and they look at me like "you don't ask your husband...?" or "you mean your husband doesn't do ...?" No, no, and no.
- I keep a book by my bedside called 306 Ways to Spice Up your Sex Life. And I read it often. Why? Because these things are just necessary ;-) Bo is not allowed to read it as it's always about the element of surprise I think.
- If I could do the whole wedding thing again, I would do a simple court wedding, church blessing, and small intimate ceremony. I loved my wedding, it was beautiful and small and amazingly to my personal taste but it could have been a little bit more low-key.
There you have it. I'm supposed to select 15 bloggers to award this too but I think I'd rather throw this open to all my followers! Just remember to link back or leave a comment to me so I know to check it out!